News & Updates
- Congratulations to the newest accredited program:
- Moratorium on AA/AS Programs has been lifted.
- The CCIE has lifted the moratorium on the accreditation of Associate of Arts and Associate of Science programs. These programs may proceed in the application process outlined here when ready.
- Revised CCIE Accreditation Standards
- After receiving input from raters, accredited program coordinators, the public, and organizational stakeholders, the Commission on Collegiate Interpreter Education announces the release of the new CCIE Accreditation Standards. The Commission is grateful to all who provided input.
CCIE’s mission is to promote professionalism in the field of interpreter education through:
- The accreditation of professional preparation programs,
- The development and revision of interpreter education standards,
- The encouragement of excellence in program development,
- A national and international dialogue on the preservation and advancement of standards in the field of interpreter and higher education, and
- The application of the knowledge, skills, and ethics of the profession.
The Commission on Collegiate Interpreter Education would like to express appreciation to:
- The Conference of Interpreter Trainers for its monetary and other contributions.
- The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf for its monetary and other contributions, as well as the strong collaboration that is evidenced by the Memorandum of Understanding that was signed at the 2011 RID National Conference in Atlanta, GA.
- Sorenson Communications for its continuing financial support for CCIE pursuits and its sponsorship of the CCIE face-to-face meeting in Denver, CO in 2007 , Alexandria, VA in 2012 and Salt Lake City, UT in February and November 2015.