News & Updates
- CCIE Welcomes Four New Commissioners!
- CCIE is proud to announce that four outstanding individuals have recently been appointed to the Commission and both individually and collectively bring a wealth of experience in the field of interpreter education. We welcome Dr. Glenn Anderson, Dr. Debra Russell, Dr. Lisa Godfrey, and Marlee Dyce to the commission. You can learn more about our four new commissioners, and all commissioners, on our Commissioners page.
CCIE’s mission is to promote professionalism in the field of interpreter education through:
- The accreditation of professional preparation programs,
- The development and revision of interpreter education standards,
- The encouragement of excellence in program development,
- A national and international dialogue on the preservation and advancement of standards in the field of interpreter and higher education, and
- The application of the knowledge, skills, and ethics of the profession.
The Commission on Collegiate Interpreter Education would like to express appreciation to:
- Sorenson Communications for its continuing financial support for CCIE pursuits and its sponsorship of the CCIE face-to-face meeting in Denver, CO in 2007 , Alexandria, VA in 2012 and meetings held in Salt Lake City, UT in 2015 and 2016.
- The Conference of Interpreter Trainers for its monetary and other contributions.
- The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf for its monetary and other contributions, as well as the strong collaboration that is evidenced by the Memorandum of Understanding that was signed at the 2011 RID National Conference in Atlanta, GA.